||2013 Annual Meeting of the
Linguistics Association of Great Britain
28 - 31 August 2013
Home | Call for papers | Venue | Programme | Registration | Accommodation
Workshop on Primate Grammar | Workshop on Morphology
- Henry Sweet Lecture 2013: Philippe Schlenker (Institute Jean-Nicod/NYU) - 'Towards a primate linguistics'
- Linguistics Association Lecture 2013: Jonathan Bobaljik (UConn) - 'Morphological universals and the hidden structure of words'
Workshop on Primate Grammar (and Beyond)
This workshop will be held in conjunction with Philippe Schlenker's Henry Sweet Lecture on 28th August 2013, and will include presentations by:
- Tecumseh Fitch (Vienna) - 'Animal pattern perception: a broad comparative approach’
- Robert Seyfarth (UPenn) - 'Social cognition and the origin of language'
- Simon Townsend (Zurich) - 'Semantic compositions in the meerkat alarm call system’
- Klaus Zuberbühler (St Andrews) - 'Meaningful strings of calls in primates'
Workshop on Comparative Morphology and Morphological Theory
This workshop on morphology will be held in conjunction with Jonathan Bobaljik's Linguistics Association Lecture on 31st August 2013.
There will be a Language Tutorial on Ritual Sumtu Chin (Southern Kuki-Chin, Tibeto-Burman; Burma), given by Justin Watkins (SOAS).
The LAGB Education Committee will hold a two-hour session on linguistics and education. Further details are available on the LAGB Education Committee website: www.lagb.org.uk/education