Message from AUCL/UCML to LAGB members

• 06 Dec 2019 17:30
    Message # 8196731

Dear colleagues,

Please see below the annual AULC/UCML survey of institution wide language provision in the UK.

Please note that due to strike action the deadline to complete the survey has been extended to Monday 9th December 2019.

The annual survey of Institution Wide Language provision across the UK, conducted by AULC and UCML.  This is open to all UK higher education institutions, not only members of AULC.   

The survey can be accessed at https://durham.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/aulc-ucml-survey-of-iwlp-in-universities-in-the-uk-2019-20. 

1.       This year we are wanting to gather an update on registration trends in individual languages, plus information on staff-related issues and Languages for Specific Purposes.  

2.       I have circulated this email to designated contacts at each AULC (or former AULC) member institution, in some cases to more than one individual where I am aware of shared responsibilties.  If you have received this email, please pass this on as necessary to the responsible individual within your organisation.

3.       I appreciate the time required to complete this survey.  However, it provides very valuable information that contributes to development of the sector, and your time is therefore much appreciated.

4.       If you no longer deliver any institution wide language provision can you simply let me know by sending a short email.

Should you have any questions in relation to the survey, any updates on your organisational contacts, or any other matters you are prompted to ask, please contact mark.critchley@durham.ac.uk.  

AUCL will report on the results of the survey at the AULC Conference in Maynooth in January 2020, and as a report by the end of March 2020.

Kind regards 

Mark

Mark Critchley

Chair, Association of University Language Communities in the UK & Ireland (AULC)

http://www.aulc.org

© LAGB